Welcome to AllArtWorks Featured Artist Series!
1. What other profession is similar to being an artist and why?
I would say any design profession. Architect, Product Designer, Graphic Design. However, I always say that being an artist isn't something that you can retire from because it's not a profession - it's who you are.
2. What’s the nicest thing you can remember someone said about your work, or an individual piece?
"You're so versatile." "You just keep getting better and better." Mr. Chris Protas saying that my Guardian Angel painting is one of his favorites.
3. What’s one thing you’d like everyone to know about you as an artist?
That I suffered too many years in art school thinking I wasn't talented enough. We all have talent.
4. What was the last piece of art that you saw that blew you away?
I haven't travelled this year due to Covid, so most of the art I've seen was done by local artists or online. There have been so many wonderful paintings that I've wanted to know more about this year. I'm not going answer this question with a specific piece. Sorry 'bout that.
5. What’s something you haven’t done but you want to do in art/painting?
Fiber arts or fabric collage maybe.
I'm a history nerd so I really love the romantic and classic portraits of Ingres, but I also like Delacroix's work which is full of mood and movement.
*The reason we ask about Delacroix and Ingres is because they were contemporaries with wildly different styles!