Welcome to AllArtWorks Featured Artist Series!
1. What other profession is similar to being an artist and why?
Horse trainer. Because the process takes years of dedication, observation, relationship building, humbling experiences, research, setbacks, judgement of others, clients, learning from others and A LOT of expenses.
2. What’s the nicest thing you can remember someone said about your work, or an individual piece?
People say the horses I draw look like they're alive and my paintings remind them of Hopper.
3. What’s one thing you’d like everyone to know about you as an artist?
I walk in my world looking for shape and color and praise God for being able to see it.
4. What was the last piece of art that you saw that blew you away?
Recently we took the kids to DIA and I just sent everyone along without me for the day because I couldn't leave the Monet.
5. What’s something you haven’t done but you want to do in art/painting?
A Very Large mural painting.
Delacroix because during their feuding Ingres was unable to control his anger. Both were trained, successful artists with clients who loved their work but I would choose the artist who without arrogance could accept a different expression of style than his own.
*The reason we ask about Delacroix and Ingres is because they were contemporaries with wildly different styles!