Welcome to AllArtWorks Featured Artist Series!
1. What other profession is similar to being an artist and why?
Well.... as I sit here drinking a glass of wine I could say a winemaker. They are continually perfecting their blends and coming up with different wines for their consumers. Wine and art are a great pairing!
2. What’s the nicest thing you can remember someone said about your work, or an individual piece?
A wonderful lady came up to me while painting the mural "My Grandmother's Garden" on Plantenga's building. She gave me a hug and said "thank you for what you are doing for the community." It was so nice to see the community engaged in the art and brought many smiles to people walking, riding and driving by. One of my greatest experiences!
3. What’s one thing you’d like everyone to know about you as an artist?
Everything that I paint has my heart and soul into it. It's what I love and want to share with the world.
4. What was the last piece of art that you saw that blew you away?
I was just in the Laughing Dog Gallery in Vero Beach, Florida. So many talented artists. One particular artist stood out to me. His name is Michael Bauermeister. He carves out of wood and applies lacquer. Beautiful contemporary vessels and wall art.
5. What’s something you haven’t done but you want to do in art/painting?
I'd love to work in pottery and create pieces with my abstract designs. I've always loved the feel of clay but took the painting route.
Delacroix. I tend to gravitate toward the looser, impressionist artists.
*The reason we ask about Delacroix and Ingres is because they were contemporaries with wildly different styles!