Welcome to AllArtWorks Featured Artist Series!
1. What other profession is similar to being an artist and why?
A farmer. Farmers work hard, stay current with trends but bad weather or fluctuation in the prices can make a difference in whether they make a profit. Artists work hard, stay current with trends but a storm can take out an artist's booth at an art fair. Galleries in resort areas are affected by the weather. Too cold and no tourists. If it's beautiful the tourists enjoy the outdoors and stay out of the gallery. When the stock market goes down or a recession hits, art sales usually go down. People need food from farmers and people need art from artists.
2. What’s the nicest thing you can remember someone said about your work, or an individual piece?
"I can hear the music coming from your painting."
3. What’s one thing you’d like everyone to know about you as an artist?
I want to make the "unseen" seen.
4. What was the last piece of art that you saw that blew you away?
Bisa Butler's quilts at the Chicago Art Institute.
5. What’s something you haven’t done but you want to do in art/painting?
Welding, stain glass and mosaics.
Delacroix. He has more emotion in his paintings.
*The reason we ask about Delacroix and Ingres is because they were contemporaries with wildly different styles!