Welcome to AllArtWorks Featured Artist Series!
1. What other profession is similar to being an artist and why?
Interior Design. Just like art it is subjective and I feel good interior design should invoke a visceral emotional response to be considered successful. This I feel is also true with art.
2. What’s the nicest thing you can remember someone said about your work, or an individual piece?
They loved how I create depth, textures, and play with dark and light.
3. What’s one thing you’d like everyone to know about you as an artist?
As an artist I create from a place of emotions. I want my audience to feel something when they view my work.
4. What was the last piece of art that you saw that blew you away?
One artist I follow is Kimberly Kelly Santini. Her most recent piece "Guardian" is stunning!
5. What’s something you haven’t done but you want to do in art/painting?
I have to say out of the two I choose Delacroix. I am not really a fan of neoclassical art and I feel Delacroix's work has more depth, and raw emotions in his work.
*The reason we ask about Delacroix and Ingres is because they were contemporaries with wildly different styles!