Welcome to AllArtWorks Featured Artist Series!
1. What other profession is similar to being an artist and why?
Fashion and design, because like an artist they start with an original idea, and create something.
2. What’s the nicest thing you can remember someone said about your work, or an individual piece?
The nicest thing someone has said about my work, and creativity is that I have the ability to create something out of anything.
3. What’s one thing you’d like everyone to know about you as an artist?
That I am self taught, and have had no formal training, or education other than as a child my grandmother gave me lessons when I visited. I learned a lot from her, especially about color theory and mixing colors
4. What was the last piece of art that you saw that blew you away?
The last painting I saw that really impacted me was a painting by Rinske Douna called "Power Pour." It's what motivated me to start my journey of painting and fluid art.
5. What’s something you haven’t done but you want to do in art/painting?
I've never had the chance to take any painting classes, or lessons. I hope to change that in the future.
I'd have to go with Delacroix, because he used color and knew that color was essential to his paintings. He experimented with techniques, and painted with emotion. I love that he painted wild animals for the love of the wild and untamed. Whereas Ingres was more subtle, and chose precision and thought color was a distraction in his paintings.
*The reason we ask about Delacroix and Ingres is because they were contemporaries with wildly different styles!