Welcome to AllArtWorks Featured Artist Series!
1. What other profession is similar to being an artist and why?
2. What’s the nicest thing you can remember someone said about your work, or an individual piece?
A couple purchased a diptych I had for sale at a restaurant. They said they could not stop looking at it during dinner, and decided they had to own it. They loved the way I painted the light playing on the water. They said it would be the focal point of their new (lake) home. (it never hurts to have a painting near the bar...)
3. What’s one thing you’d like everyone to know about you as an artist?
I was always an artist.
4. What was the last piece of art that you saw that blew you away?
“Bathsheba” by Artemisia Gentileschi
5. What’s something you haven’t done but you want to do in art/painting?
I would like to try sculpture someday.
I like both, but I like Ingres for his draftsmanship and palette. I like Delacroix for the subject matter and sense of movement.
*The reason we ask about Delacroix and Ingres is because they were contemporaries with wildly different styles!