Welcome to AllArtWorks Featured Artist Series!
1. What other profession is similar to being an artist and why?
Cake decorating is similar as you have to know your color palettes to make sure what you are presenting is appealing and appetizing.
2. What’s the nicest thing you can remember someone said about your work, or an individual piece?
A client said to me that my work gives their brain a brain break. The artwork gives the mind a chance to wander and let the imagination take over.
3. What’s one thing you’d like everyone to know about you as an artist?
I am not a trained artist. I purely enjoy playing with paint and I don't always know which way it is going to be.
4. What was the last piece of art that you saw that blew you away?
I was recently at Crystal Bridges in Arkansas and saw an amazing exhibit called Northern Lights. It is an immersive nighttime walk through the woods featuring dynamic, nature-inspired lighting elements and soundscapes. There were five distinct installation that collaborate with nature and the forest with light, sound, and sensory effects.
5. What’s something you haven’t done but you want to do in art/painting?
I have never painted a portrait with brushes. I am not trained in traditional techniques.
I am not a fan of either artist but if I had to choose it would be Delacroix. I like how he paints light and it compliments the artwork.
*The reason we ask about Delacroix and Ingres is because they were contemporaries with wildly different styles!