Welcome to AllArtWorks Featured Artist Series!
1. What other profession is similar to being an artist and why?
The closest profession to an artist would be a hair stylist because of all the different styles there are.
2. What’s the nicest thing you can remember someone said about your work, or an individual piece?
One of my teachers in college thought a piece I did was "award winning."
3. What’s one thing you’d like everyone to know about you as an artist?
I paint to enjoy!
4. What was the last piece of art that you saw that blew you away?
The last piece I saw that I really liked was an abstract painting by Bill de Kooning. It was bright and colorful and made me happy!
5. What’s something you haven’t done but you want to do in art/painting?
One thing I would like to do that I have not done in painting is paint something on a square canvas.
I like Delacroix and Ingres but, prefer Delacroix because I like his painting The Death of Sardanapalus because I like the strange story about the work!
*The reason we ask about Delacroix and Ingres is because they were contemporaries with wildly different styles!