Welcome to AllArtWorks Featured Artist Series!
1. What other profession is similar to being an artist and why?
Any art-related profession, such as a singer, a musician, an actor, etc. However, outside of the art field, in my opinion, it would be a dermatologist/skin surgeon. The patient's skin is a canvas and the greater the techniques, the higher patients' satisfaction.
2. What’s the nicest thing you can remember someone said about your work, or an individual piece?
I like to paint the female body and comments such as "it is really seductive" etc. make me feel as my paintings come alive.
3. What’s one thing you’d like everyone to know about you as an artist?
I am a self-taught artist, it is my hobby but, first of all, my passion. I love to learn, however, I trust my techniques and I use them. I believe that everyone has a unique style of painting, drawing, etc., and should follow and develop it.
4. What was the last piece of art that you saw that blew you away?
"Paris Street; Rainy Day" by Gustave Caillebotte is my favorite painting and every time I look at it, it takes my breath away. I can look at it for a long time and it almost feels therapeutic.
5. What’s something you haven’t done but you want to do in art/painting?
I would like to turn one of my paintings into NFT.
I prefer Delacroix. His paintings are less pure but more emotionally expressive.
*The reason we ask about Delacroix and Ingres is because they were contemporaries with wildly different styles!