Welcome to AllArtWorks Featured Artist Series!
1. What other profession is similar to being an artist and why?
Surgeon. Anatomy, knowledge, skill and recognition.
2. What’s the nicest thing you can remember someone said about your work, or an individual piece?
Another artist wrote: "Pat, I'm no expert, but I think this is one of the best things you've ever done." In regards to a Korean War Memorial painting I donated to Mission BBQ in Troy, MI.
3. What’s one thing you’d like everyone to know about you as an artist?
Never know what I will come up with next, always trying something new.
4. What was the last piece of art that you saw that blew you away?
The Dali Museum in St. Petersburg blew me away, all of it.
5. What’s something you haven’t done but you want to do in art/painting?
Would like to try to do some heavy metal sculpture.
Delacroix - use of color, lots of women in his paintings and more of an impressionist.
*The reason we ask about Delacroix and Ingres is because they were contemporaries with wildly different styles!