Welcome to AllArtWorks Featured Artist Series!
1. What other profession is similar to being an artist and why?
Not that I am one but I would guess a filmmaker since it is a visual medium.
2. What’s the nicest thing you can remember someone said about your work, or an individual piece?
I have had so many nice things said that there isn't one but the typical is: I love your paintings.
3. What’s one thing you’d like everyone to know about you as an artist?
I have to say that I work very hard at it and take it seriously, a privilege, and consider myself a blue-collar artist and not an elite.
4. What was the last piece of art that you saw that blew you away?
I'll just say a landscape by Neil Welliver, yet a few years ago when I was in Paris, the Degas room in the Musee d'Orsay. No excuse, every serious artist should visit Paris even if they have to take a loan out to get there.
5. What’s something you haven’t done but you want to do in art/painting?
Exhibit at the Whitney or the Guggenheim.
Ingres for sure because he was such a fantastic draftsman, a missing important ability today with many younger artists.
*The reason we ask about Delacroix and Ingres is because they were contemporaries with wildly different styles!