Welcome to AllArtWorks Featured Artist Series!
1. What other profession is similar to being an artist and why?
Art has always been a strong 'undercurrent' throughout my life... at one time I was a Baker... the Mixing... Benchwork (Pastries... Breads... Cakes) as well as the Cake Decorating are truly an Art form.
2. What’s the nicest thing you can remember someone said about your work, or an individual piece?
Recently... a friend/artist lauded me for my style... the Color... Tone... how I captured the Light on the canvas.
3. What’s one thing you’d like everyone to know about you as an artist?
As an Artist... you should always try to make the painting/piece 'your own'... I was taught that the more you paint... the more your own style flourishes... I believe that my work is unique in that sense.
4. What was the last piece of art that you saw that blew you away?
I was fortunate to see the Jasper Johns exhibit in NYC.
5. What’s something you haven’t done but you want to do in art/painting?
Oil Painting has always been my passion... however... I have taken up Wood Sculpture as well.
I prefer Delacroix over Ingres... though both are good... Delacroix because the paint strokes are more 'dynamic'... there is 'movement' in his work.
*The reason we ask about Delacroix and Ingres is because they were contemporaries with wildly different styles!