Welcome to AllArtWorks Featured Artist Series!
1. What other profession is similar to being an artist and why?
A gourmet chef. They produce a dish that is appealing to the senses. And, like an artist, the reaction of others is important.
2. What’s the nicest thing you can remember someone said about your work, or an individual piece?
I sold a New Orleans street scene to a person who had been forced from his New Orleans home by a flood. He missed it and said the painting was like bringing his home back to him.
3. What’s one thing you’d like everyone to know about you as an artist?
I am eternally grateful to be able to do what I love and do it in a time and place where it is technically easy to share with and learn from others.
4. What was the last piece of art that you saw that blew you away?
Portrait - byung jun ko
5. What’s something you haven’t done but you want to do in art/painting?
I still have the hope of creating a stellar abstract painting.
Delacroix. Mind blowing depictions!
*The reason we ask about Delacroix and Ingres is because they were contemporaries with wildly different styles!