Welcome to AllArtWorks Featured Artist Series!
1. What other profession is similar to being an artist and why?
I'd say a musician. I toured around the world in a band for 4 years and now am working on a solo project. The creativity and process that goes into making music is very similar to making artwork. The layering, drafting, mastering, emotional input, etc.
2. What’s the nicest thing you can remember someone said about your work, or an individual piece?
I sold a piece to someone who told me it reminded them of their grandfather who had just passed away. He apparently was a collector of western artwork and my piece reminded the buyer of his grandfather's home. Knowing my art touched someone in that way was amazing
3. What’s one thing you’d like everyone to know about you as an artist?
I am self taught and just love painting! If I'm breathing I'm painting, or at least thinking about painting.
4. What was the last piece of art that you saw that blew you away?
I recently saw an Adobe House painting by Georgia O'Keeffe in Boston. It was truly beautiful to see in person.
5. What’s something you haven’t done but you want to do in art/painting?
I would love to get into clay sculptures. Something along the lines of turning my paintings into a 3D piece of art.
Ingres by far. I love the smoothness and contrast between the artists skin tones and backgrounds. Everything has such a soft feel, yet is perfectly separated and distinguished.
*The reason we ask about Delacroix and Ingres is because they were contemporaries with wildly different styles!