Welcome to AllArtWorks Featured Artist Series!
1. What other profession is similar to being an artist and why?
I think there are several. Writing, dancing, producers AND corporate people. It really is about PASSION as one digs deep into their creative spirit to bring a story or result that shares a part of their soul.
2. What’s the nicest thing you can remember someone said about your work, or an individual piece?
"You even captured the arthritis in her hands!" I painted a beach scene with a woman's silhouette taking a photo - my friend saw the hand silhouette and knew it was her mom. (Now the person who used my painting for their arm tattoo and shared a photo with me afterward, did not make me feel too appreciated. LOL)
3. What’s one thing you’d like everyone to know about you as an artist?
Without my creative side, I am not a whole person. BUT I still love logic, business strategy, coaching and training others!
4. What was the last piece of art that you saw that blew you away?
Michael Lynn Adams "Anniversary Margaritas" and the video of its process. Cheers! https://michaellynnadams.com/gallery/anniversary-margaritas/
5. What’s something you haven’t done but you want to do in art/painting?
Taking an international creative workshop with people I've met through the years.
They both share amazing stories in their works and such skill! I see a more flamboyant style and passion with Delacroix that shares a mystery and suspense. It invites my imagination to a saga more than a meme. (That could be the writer in me.)
*The reason we ask about Delacroix and Ingres is because they were contemporaries with wildly different styles!